Considerations for this Deployment Model
- This deployment model is intended for situations where the MSP Partner wishes to allow the Customer Organization to log in to SaaS Alerts directly and have direct access to all user Events and Reports.
- It is recommended that the MSP only Choose this deployment model when there are qualified IT / IT security experts on permanent staff with the Customer Organization.
- The MSP will be responsible for all support of the Customer Organization.
- SaaS Alerts does not provide direct support to Customer Organizations including training documentation, email, or phone support.
Step 1 – Notify SaaS Alerts Account Manager of the intent to setup a Co-Managed Instance and to qualify a domain for use during registration
- SaaS Alerts requires all MSP Partners to be verified to register for a SaaS Alerts account. During the registration step the Partner is required to enter a domain for validation. However, the domain must be unique so it will be necessary to report a unique domain for registration approval.
- The Partner should construct a Company Name and approval domain to be used during registration.
- Notify the SaaS Alerts Account Manager what that domain will be.
- The “Company Name” created during registration MUST be in the form “Co-Managed-PartnerName-CustomerName”
- The approval domain MUST be in the form “partnername-customername.com”. This domain name does NOT need to be registered with ICANN or officially active.
Step 2 – Before Registering the Co-Managed Instance
- If the customer domain is M365 establish a user account in the tenant environment that can be used to register the new Partner/Customer SaaS Alerts instance. The account name MUST be of the form email@example.com
- If the account will be used to provide scope authorization for SaaS Alerts API connections, then the user should be provided the global admin role.
- It is NOT necessary to assign any M365 licensed products to the account
- If the customer domain is G Workspace, the format MUST be firstname.lastname@example.org set the user up with a cloud authentication account.
- This account will become the PRIMARY ADMIN for the new Co-Managed Instance
Step 3 - Prep The information needed to complete the new SaaS Alerts Instance Registration
- Company Name – “Co-Managed-PartnerName-CustomerName”
- Verification Domain – “partnername-customername.com”
- Account Name – “PartnerName_CustomerName@customerdomain.com (m365 example)
- Payment Method – xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx, expDate, CVV Code
Must be the Same as Partner Primary Account Payment Method
- Unique phone number - 1-123-456-7890 (SaaS Alerts Registration will error out if a phone number is not unique)
Step 4 - Register the Partner / Customer Co-Managed instance with SaaS Alerts at https://manage.saasalerts.com/sign-up
Step 5 - Add the Partner’s Billing information
Step 6 - Complete Registration and Verify Account
After completing the new SaaS Alerts Registration be sure to:
- Check the email of the account used to create the registration and click the link to verify the account
- Log in to SaaS Alerts with the new SaaS Alerts Admin Account
- Create a new MSP User or MSP Admin for the Customer to co-Manage The account
Please sign in to leave a comment.